Monday, January 27, 2014

5 months

5 months I have been out now. In some ways that feels like years and others it feels like I am just on Spring Break, still haven't graduated from high school. Wow.

Well I don't have too much to write, nothing terribly exciting as far as events happened this week.

First I would like to thank Laurie for telling me about all my friends who are going to serve missions! I had no idea! I was so grateful to her for telling me.

I have been striving more to write in my Journal. I have done it now almost every day the last 2 weeks. I think when my kids and grandkids read it, well they won't be able to read it. I have terrible handwriting. Especially rushing before 10 30. Haha!

Have any of you ever looked at the extra verses to How Firm A Foundation? Wow, they are incredible. You all gotta look them up.

My companion tells me that we are a weird gringo family. Gringo means white boy in spanish, a little less racist. All american missionaries are gringos. Anyways he said we are a weird gringo family because in all of our pictures there is always someone with a soccer jersey on!! I guess they think we don't play soccer up there. I hope we win the World Cup to prove them wrong.

So one night we were returning to the house and I was walking by this fence  outside a house, this fence was of vertical bars. That is an important fact. We were walking by and the dogs started barking like they always do. Then all the sudden one runs up and reaches it's mouth THROUGH the gate and bites me on the upper outside left thigh. Like right where me hand was about a second earlier. The bite really didn't do anything, I only found a few wet spots from the mouth and a little rip in my pants, but it didn't get through to me, thank goodness. I am glad my hand wasn't there! Anyways, I did a big circle around that house to avoid those dogs the next time I walked by. Haha!

So this week is the EFY week for the youth of Paraguay! So all our youth are gone, including our new convert Eduardo! He didn't have any church shoes, so I gave him my good pair that I haven't worn hardly at all. I figure if I need new shoes, all I have to do is ask for my parents to send money. He might never be able to buy new shoes just for church. So I figured, give the best! In the law of the sacrifice, the Lord asked the BEST sheep and other things. Not just the extra one that won't turn out for anything. So I decided to do it! I felt pretty good to be able to find a way to serve like that.

So I had a little spare time this week, so I decided to make a bracket. 64 of my favorite photos from the Ipod I got for christmas. I did a tournament, and Alex's sick Championship Flying Goal won. Of course.

I also did one of my favorite scripture. This one was soooo hard to choose between! My favorite ended up being Moroni 1:2-3. It says. They put to death any Nephite who will not deny the Christ. And I Moroni, will NOT deny the Christ. 
Just imagine him saying that!!!! Wow. Wow. How much faith and strength. 

I also wrote down 17 more of my favorites that I couldn't leave out. I will share them all one day. They are great.

I will end with my new favorite quote from Edward Dube.

It does not matter WHERE you serve, but HOW.

How true that is!!! I love you all, thank you for all of your support.

Signing off, Elder Jake Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment