Monday, December 23, 2013

Dish soap? Shampoo? Whatever!!!

Ok so I forgot my book that I write everything down to write to yall, so I will try to remember everything.

I am very excited to talk to my family on wednesday! I got my skype account set up before I saw the email from mom and lauren, dad has it. so no worries.

I will call about 10 in the morning your time.

Yeah kevin told me he was going to korea! super cool.

I love all the pics of snow. looks so fun!! cool sculptures as well!

I was emailed by shannons girls this week! Thanks to all them who wrote me! I loved the letters!

I got a few letters this week. One from a little girl in our ward who I honestly didn't even know! IT was fun. One from my best sister ever, the most faithful in handwritten letters than any other sister before! love those. One from rachel Uryan! cool to hear from her, laurie, you will have to get me her email.

Thanks to grandma and grandpa simpson for the money for christmas! It will also go towards my super cool scripture cases I am getting, I can't wait to show you all.

Thanks to alex for putting in my bowl game guesses, lemme know when I win.

mom, don't worry, I will hog the airheads.

To answer a question, yes we eat food off the street a lot, an empanada is super cheap, like 75 cents. maybe a mayanesa sandwich, which is like a thin fried chicken breast. I have eaten burger king a time or two, haven't gotten to the pizza hut yet.

I held a baby duck. It was cute.

there is a gatorade here that is apple flavored. Its actually pretty good.

I did a division for a day with the zone leader elder phippen and it was great, it really strengthened my confidence in my ability as a missionary.

We ran out of dish soap, so we used shampoo. It worked just fine! Hahaha

I tried to make frosting, but I don't have shortning, it doesn't exist here, so it wasn't very good. send me a nice big can of shortning will ya? never thought I would be asking for that...

I saw the christmas devotional in spanish yesterday, super cool! reminded me of last year when I was actually there with laurie! Good times...

so with the couple who was going to get married, they weren't quite ready but it for sure will happen this saturday! and marcelo came to church again and brought his little brother bruno, so we are planning to baptize marcelo saturday too! 3 in one day! and we have a bunch more that are progressing for the following weeks. Its super exciting to see the fruits of these last two months! Glad to see these people finally taking that first step.

Well I don't remember any more. But hey, I love you all, have a very merry christmas. Remember, don't be one of the "inn" crowd, but be one of the "stable" few!

can't wait to talk to my family! for everyone else, enjoy it! I hope it snows a boatload.

love you all, remember the ultimate gift of christmas, that God gave His own Son so that we all can live together for eternity, with inexplicable happiness with no end. What better gift could you ask this christmas?

love you all, thank you for all your support as always.

Your less than freezing missionary, Elder jake
 
 Our Christmas lights - they are purple.


 This is exactly what my mom wanted to see. This little guy that has been living with us. a good 2 inch long cockroach! We found it after we sprayed down our stuff good with the crazy bug killing stuff. It works good.

This is us and a member on the left, Hma fatima, and two investigators, Hma adelaida and carina. We discovered carina when she came home from argentina, she is the sister of marcelo, lujan, and bruno. she is super interested. This is after the christmas devotional.
 
 
We thought this was cool.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment